The HCG diet is designed to not require any sort of external dietary supplements in order for you to be successful. This does not mean that you cannot add some normal supplements to your weight loss to allow you to accelerate your results. Although this is not always the case for all people, sometimes you can achieve even better results through the simple addition of a few natural dietary supplements. Not only can they help in this way, but they can also ensure you remain healthy throughout the various stages of the program.
Phases of the HCG Diet Plan
First Phase – The first portion of the HCG diet, or any program for weight loss at all for that matter, is to cleanse your body and prepare it for the process. On the HCG hormone you start out taking in foods high in fat, and low in carbohydrates. Phase one is designed for boosting metabolism, that’s what Dr. Simeons originally designed this phase two accomplish. At this portion of the diet, many people add a few supplements to help them gain ground and prepare their body for the further portions of the diet. Many people include laxatives, digestive health enzymes, Yerba/mate tea, apple cider vinegar which can all help to cleanse your body of oxidants and toxins. Phase one of the HCG diet plan is designed to increase your metabolism, move your body to the point you can begin to lose weight quickly, and start your journey through the protocol.
Second Phase – The original HCG diet as designed by Dr. Simeons indicates that if you were on any multivitamins prior to beginning the protocol, you should continue taking them during phase 1. This is the same in phase two as well. Since the second phase of the diet requires strict adherence to either a 500 or 700 calorie per day diet, depending on the protocol, you are limited in taking certain kinds of supplements. If they have high caloric content, or otherwise provide either carbohydrates or sugars, these typically are not permitted on the diet. Some vitamins do slow down weight loss as well, so they are only recommended if you are dealing with fatigue. Common recommended vitamins during this phase are Potassium and Magnesium.
Third Phase – The last phase of the HCG diet is colloquially known as the “Maintenance Phase”. It’s highly recommended to take some forms of dietary supplements during this period of time. Since you are on a stricter diet that limits what kinds of foods you can eat, to prevent your body from gaining weight while breaking from the hormone, some nutrients may be deficit in your daily balance. As such, multiple vitamins are recommended, since you can be on the phase indefinitely. Multivitamins are one of the easiest ways to achieve the necessary supplementation for your body. Although we don’t specifically recommend any brands, you will want to be sure you’re getting your daily recommended vitamin intake across the board.
Recommended Supplementation Throughout the HCG Diet
- Vitamin A – This vitamins is a powerful antioxidant that not only helps get rid of stored toxins, but helps reduce your risk of numerous diseases. On the diet itself, it helps to break down toxins released by fat which you are burning for fuel. Your body will actually store these substances whenever you build up fat, which can be a problem.
- Vitamin B – This is an energy boosting set of vitamins. HCG Plus actually contains both B-complex vitamins as well as B-12 as the base ingredient of our product. HCG is then added to it. As a result you don’t need to add more of these types of vitamins, though you can do so if you wish.
- Vitamin C – Immunity boosting vitamin which helps to flush out all of those toxins as well, just like vitamin A. Helps to keep you healthy throughout the protocol, enhancing your immunity. You particularly want to pay attention to this in the maintenance phase, when you need to keep healthy in order to avoid unwanted weight gain.
- Vitamin D – This is sourced primarily from sunlight, but it can also come from things such as egg yolks and meat. Typically, you won’t achieve a lot of vitamin D from normal sources of it in food during the HCG program. Exposure to sunlight is therefore recommended. If you are not exposed to sunlight regularly, there are supplements of the vitamin available orally as well.
- Vitamin E – A very antioxidant heavy vitamin, which is found typically in leafy vegetables such as cabbage or lettuce. In Phase two you will eat a lot of vegetables, so you probably will reach your necessary exposure levels to this vitamin naturally. However, supplements of this are typically found in multivitamins either way.
- Magnesium – Mg is found in numerous foods, but only recently have studies really been taking a look at what it does to help our bodies. It actually turns our blood sugar into energy, helping to burn out a lot of carbs. You can get it from foods naturally, but if your diet lacks it in phase two or three you can supplement it easily. It also has been shown to improve heart health, increase metabolism, and help people maintain weight after they’ve lost it.
These vitamins above all play important roles in enabling you to lose weight, and remain healthy throughout the HCG diet. Not only are HCG plus excellent non-homeopathic HCG drops, but they also naturally supply many of these vitamins as the base ingredient of the product. This helps enable you to function at a high level during the various phases of the program. Studies have clearly shown that people who